Thursday, June 16, 2005

My provision

Things are looking up. I guess I should too. Literally...

It has been amazing to see God work on my house. Crazy to think about, I know, but HE IS! I can't beleive I get THIS house. It has everything I wanted. Well, actually, I got it with out even knowing it was exactly what I wanted. When I decided I wanted a house, I said:
"I want a garage, a fireplace, a nice yard and wood floors."
When I got this house, it had carpet. BUT, underneath were BEAUTIFUL wood floors. They are being re-finished as I write.
THEN, through random people, some I don't even know- I was given, or sold at a VERY low price: Couch, kitchen table set, pots and pans, entertainment center, washer and dryer, refridgerator. I already had a lot of stuff, but knew I was missing some pretty major stuff. I made a list of what I needed, and told God, and let it go. Here I am, now, just about to move in, and everything has fallen into place. Even my new roomie. It is insane at how much HE is a part of my home. I feel so blessed.
The craziest part for me is that I have not stressed at all about any of it. YEAH- totally NOT like me! At first I felt guilty taking the gifts from people. I felt bad that I had not earned them, or worked for them. But, my heart has been changed, and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

As I said to Brad in New Zealand:

"The sun is shining, I'm reading a great book, and I'm wearing pink. What more could a girl ask for?"

Really...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home