Thursday, July 25, 2002

A very dear friend of mine got engaged a couple days ago... And surprsing even myself, I am off the wall excited for the couple! Maybe it's because she has completely blessed my life, or that they both deserve every happiness in the world... Maybe it's the Holy Spirit transforming my heart. A year ago, I would have flashed a fake smile, and wandered to a quiet place where I could sulk, and be bitter. Why is it not me? Why is it never me? But this time my reaction has changed. I suppose it is possible that my desires have changed. A thought that has been creeping around in my mind as of late: What are people going to have to say about me after I die? A bit morbid, maybe. But I don't care. And this is not the same as my everyday caring what people think of me... This is my legacy, what people will remember. My hope is that people will remember a genuine faith, a kind heart, and a loving, compassionate soul. I want to live, and love recklessly for Christ. I want to reach out to those who hurt, and dance with those who are joyful. I want to cast aside all fruits of the flesh, and live a life that is pleasing to my savior... Whatever blessings come, are undeserved, I will be greatful. I desire to love, not to be loved. My body is only here temporarily- but the lives that the Lord allows me to touch, that will be my legacy. I pray that with the Lord's strength, I will be walking only in His spirit, finding His peace, His love, and His favor. In the meantime, I'm dancing with excitement for my friend... I LOVE weddings!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home