Sunday, February 05, 2006

Brilliant, I say!

"But the trouble with deep belief is that it costs something. And there
is something inside me, some selfish beast of a subtle thing that doesn't like
the truth at all because it carries responsibility, and if I actually beleive
these things I have to do something about them. It is so, so cumbersome to
believe anything. And it isn't cool.

...The problem with Christian belief- I mean the real Christian belief,
the belief that there is a God and a devil and a heaven and a hell- is that it
is not a fashionable thing to believe."


I am learning to believe better things. I am learning to believe that
other people exist, that fashion is not truth; rather, Jesus is the most
important figure in history, and the gospel is the most powerful force in the
universe. I am learning not to be passionate about empty things, but to cultivate
passion for justice, grace, truth, and communicate the idea that Jesus likes
people, and even loves them."


Donald Miller (Blue like Jazz)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home