Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Yup, boy asked me out...

A glimpse of my life...

Him: What are you doing on Saturday?
Me: Well, I have to weed the garden, do laundry, I'd like to buy paint, and-
H:(cutting me off) Ok, I get you are busy in the day. What are you doing in the evening?
M: Well, I hadn't really thought about it.
H: So you have no plans?
M: I guess...
H: Well, can I take you out?
M: Take me out?
H: Yeah, like to dinner and maybe a movie.
M: Dinner and a movie?
H: Come on, Beth, a date. I'm sure you have heard of that. Guy likes a girl. He takes her out...
M: Oh... a date.
H: (laughing) Is that a yes?
M: Oh, yeah, um, sure. Sounds good.

I find it a little pathetic that at 23, I have no idea how to respond in this situation. I really didn't get it.
What is even more pathetic- I said yes, but I'd rather weed my garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home