Monday, April 03, 2006

God is funny...

This weekend I prayed for God to make me desperate. I prayed that he would help me find time each day to climb into his arms and just *be*. So....

I went to the market to get some food. I figured that on the way home I should stop at the carwash and vacuum out the inside of my car (thanks to Lola the Maz has enough hair to make another dog). Not my best choice. Why?

Reason #1:
The place is downright shady.
Reason #2:
Random men walk around and ask you for money.
Reason #3:
I get nervous when it's getting dark and strange men apprach me in a fairly secluded area.
Reason #4:
When I get nervous I do silly things, like lock my keys in the trunk.

Now, for most people, locking the keys in the trunk is no big deal. Beth, you say- just flip the switch on your door, and it will pop right up! Here's the deal about that:

Once upon a time I was in a wedding. After arranging a rendez-vous with a very handsome groomsman, this smitten kitten backed up her car into a very large truck, thus permanently jarring my trunk. I could tell you a much longer version, but really, who cares. The point is- I locked my keys in my (unopeneable with out the key) trunk in a very shady area today.

So- why is this about a prayer, and God being funny??? Because I prayed that God would help me find time to spend with Him. And what happened? I was trapped in my car for over an hour waiting for my spare key to arrive with nothing to do but read my bible. Ironic? No. Because my creator knows me all too well. Had I gone home I would have cleaned, talked to my roomie, eventually watched something on T.V.- basically, not read my bible.

He said it- Ask and you shall recieve.

Now about that husband....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home