Tuesday, January 07, 2003

I like quotes. I like them a lot. I realize that they do not count as actual blog entries, but I do not care. I find that even thought I love to talk, and I do so often, when it comes to matters of my heart, I can't seem to find the words.

Today, this is my quote. A really great guy sent it to me, and today was the first chance I had to read it. And today, this is how I feel.

I just came off of a wonderful 2 week break from work. I spent the weekend in Lake Tahoe, experiencing God in a very new way. I came home to the news that my Grandmother was in the hospital. Her heart is failing, and she will probably die soon. I cried amongst friends in the car on the way home. We prayed. I felt as if no one heard.

I went and saw my Grandmother yesterday. I sat with her for hours. I tried to share the love of Christ with her. I held her hand, and my mom and I did her hair. I prayed for her. And I felt distant from the Lord.

Today, when I read the quote, I knew it was meant for me to read today. Even though I feel insignificant, and weak, I know that I am a child of God, and he loves to hear my voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home