Saturday, December 07, 2002

I feel violated…

Thursday my car was vandalized. I was at church when it happened. A friend of mine pulled me aside, and told me I needed to come outside quickly. She was totally calm, so I had no idea anything was wrong. We got outside and I walked straight over to my car. The first thing I saw was shattered glass all over the pavement. I looked inside the car to see that stuff had been rummaged through, and my stashed purse was gone. The inside of my car was equally covered with matching glass.

Four of the fifty or so cars were broken into. One of my very best friends was the one who informed me of the ‘incident’. Her car was broken into as well. We all sort of sat there- one of the girls freaked, and ran back into the church. We talked about the appropriateness of the verse we had begun to study that evening.

James 1:2-3 says: “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything”.

This was yet another reminder of the fact that our treasure is in Heaven. I have no control over what others do. I can only control my response. Although I feel violated, I am just fine. I can be thankful that nobody was hurt. I can be thankful that it was my car, not one of the nice, new ones parked beside me, both of which belonged to good friends of mine.

I am going to remain joyful. The Lord is faithful, and good. He will provide. And someday, I will be mature and complete…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home