Thursday, November 21, 2002

You know you are all grown up when an evening at the Home Depot becomes your idea of fun...

A friend of mine is buying a condo. She came over for dinner the other night, and we were discussing all of the things she wants to do with the place. She was looking at my carpet, and we wer discussing the benefits of Berber. This should have been a red flag. I am talking about carpet with my friend. Strange.

We ended up deciding to go look at carpet, and paint. Just for some ideas. We spent hours admiring wall fixtures, lights, and area rugs. We compared prices and looked at the benefits of a gas stove. We told each other how we would dream for our kitchens to look. Well, it is a reality for her, a far off dream for me...

We eventually left the store, and went to Linens N Things. I bought new pillows, and some random things for my bedroom. And we had so much FUN! I was totally in a trance. My eyes were fixed on the Eiffel Tower paintings for so long, I almost forgot where I was.

You know, things happen, good and bad, and we are changed by them. I remember going with my parents as a small child to places like Home Depot. I remember the overwhelming feelings of boredom. I could never understand why it was so fun for them. Now I do. It's a place to escape reality, even if only for a little while, and dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home