Thursday, April 13, 2006

Today I found solace...

On my swing.

Yep. True story.

I took Lola on a walk throught the neighborhood and the park. It was such a beautiful day! So when we got home I took Lola through the gate and let her loose in the backyard. I turned up my iPod, sat on that swing and sang at the top of my lungs.

For the first time in a long time I was completely unaware of my surroundings. I didn't care who heard me, or what I was singing. I just pumped my legs through the air, back and forth. I felt like a child as the wind blew through my hair, and the grass tickled my toes.

The shy was blue with scattered clouds. I imagined that they were animals and toys and people I love. For 45 minutes my world was at peace. My soul was content. I had not a worry in my mind. It's like what every moment of my life could be like, if I could learn to life a life of surrender...

I am anxiously awaiting the next sunny day... I want to go swing again. Only, next time not for so long...

'Cuz after all that- my butt huts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home