Friday, June 30, 2006

I think she likes him...

This stuff isn't easy for me. At all. But I am learning. And, rather enjoying the process...

'Tho I can't figure out why, he seems to really like me. He appears charmed by my quirky nature, and he doesn't mind that I talk too much, that I have rediculous boundaries, or even that I laugh when he's trying to be sweet.

I know it's new, and I feel like the odds are strongly against this working, but right now it makes me smile. He makes me smile. Because he holds my hand, and kisses my forehead, and because this kind of thing doesn't happen to me.

Maybe it's all a dream, and I might wake up soon... In the meantime, let me sleep. Let me pretend like there is no end. Let me imagine what it's like to trust, and allow my heart to be seen...

I need this.