Monday, February 17, 2003

There is no such thing as earthly perfection.

I constantly tell myself to get over it, to quit trying. I will never be good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, rich enough or any of these things. I am not enough. I am not capable. Fortunately, I serve a good and gracious God, who knows I can't ever be enough. With Him, I don't have to be. He loves me just the way I am, but He loves too much to leave me this way. God is continually changing my heart. He is always revealing himself to me in new, profound ways. I beleive that he will continue the work he started in me until the day of completion- the day I go home .

I rest in the knowledge that I am loved competely, even though I am incomplete. I am confident in the Lord's perfect plan for my life. I am thrilled that because of Jesus, I will spent eternity with my Heavenly Father, who defines perfection. I can't take anything on this earth with me when I go. My job won't get me salvation, my car won't get me salvation, not even my friends. It is by Heavenly Blood I am saved. It is Christ who completes me. Let me not forget these truths. I choose to let go of my pursuit of perfection, and grasp hold of Grace, which is sufficient for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home